introduce yourself

Denni

I believe it's funny to write a few words about yourself.

My name is Denni, yes I'm called like I was a little girl because of my surename is Daniela and this was not easy to speak for kids.

I was working in a hunting store for more than 20 years and my hobbies are

• ancester research
  • painting
  • writing old German script and calligraphie
  • collecting stamps, hippos and old Barbie dolls
  • US history
  • weapons history
and many more.

I love to listen to Tom Jones, Duran Duran, Jethro Tull and many others.

I am dreaming about living in the states, since I could see and realise Western movies and try to win the lottery for years.

What about you folks?

AnjaUSA

Hi Denni, I like you're idea, so here I go:

My name is Anja and I moved to Newcastle, UK in December 2003. I have done an apprenticeship in a tax office in Germany but am now working as a Manager for Convegys.

My hobbies are:
  • hiking and spending time outdoors
  • my dog (training, competing, breeding and lerning more about do behaviour etc)
  • collecting postcards
  • history
  • target shooting (air rifle and calbre .22)
  • travelling & photography
My favorite type of music is country.

W

Wisi

Ok, I'll go next (though it does feel a bit like an AA meeting ;) )...

Hello my name is Silke. :)
I came to the US in 1986 and have lived in numerous states since then thanks to my husbnd's job the AF. He retired last year, we built our dream house here in WNY to be near family for once in 20 years and won't move ever again!
We've been together for 21 years now and married 19... have two wonderful teenage kids (15 & 17) and are slowly getting ready to move on to the next step in our life, being alone again.
I was a SAHM vor about 12 years and then started working as teacher's/instructional aide, currently working in a science class room at a high school for troubled/delinquent youth.

My hobbies are:

- horseback riding
- figure skating
- hiking
- running
- snowboarding
- water skiing
- playing with our dog
- landscaping
- interior decorating and architecture
- digital photography
- gourmet dining and good wine :)

I like all kinds of music with the absolute exception of Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B and Country, those make me wanna hurl! My car radio is set to XM Alt Nation, at home we have a big mix of music on a media center... and, on a side note... like to play Rockband as a family. :)

Mariko

My hobbies are:
  • hiking and spending time outdoors
  • my dog (training, competing, breeding and lerning more about do behaviour etc)
  • collecting postcards
  • history
    [*]target shooting (air rifle and calbre .22)
  • travelling & photography
My favorite type of music is country.

Cool. Target shooting takes up most of my free time as well. I see you're in the UK... I'm curious; is it similar to the US, where you can get a membership to a range, take your pistols, and shoot?

Oben