U.S.Marine Corps

Einen wunderschönen guten Tag verehrte Gemeinde,

ich bin neu hier und eröffne soeben meinen ersten Thread in diesem Forum.

Ich habe seit Jahren einen Wunsch den ich verfolge und dem ich nun näher bin als jeh zuvor jedoch noch eine Hürde nehmen muss- das Visum/Aufenthalsgenehmigungs- problem.

Ich schreibe und fasse meine Geschichte im folgenden auf Englisch zusammen:

My name is Karl. I'm a 20year old German who is highly motivated to join the USMC. I'd like to join as soon as possible although i haven't got a green card or a compareable permission to work/stay in the USA. Therefore i want to know the fastest option to solve this problem. Options i figured sofar:

1. Go to the U.S.Embassy (Frankfurt/Berlin) and apply for a Green Card (Takes about 2 years)
2. Get a Green Card through the lottery (next lottery 2012)
3. Get into the procedure of applying for a Green Card and get the "I-551" stamp in my passport (i've been told that the stamp is enough to get recruited)
4. Fly to the States and talk to the recruiters at the airport
(If there are anymore options then i would like to know about them. I don't want to waste anytime.)

Height:6.4ft
Weight:235lb (most of it muscle, not fat!)

Sports: Soccer, Basketball, Swimming, Hunting, Shooting on a shooting range for competition, work out in Gym (as far as this is a sport)

Martial Arts: Boxing, MuayThai-boxing, Aikido, Groundfighting

Freetime Activities:
Working in local Clubs as Bouncer and Barkeeper.

Education: The last school i went to was the
Saxion University in the Netherlands where i studied Physiotherapy for a Bachelore's degree. Due to financial
issues i could not finish.

Recent Activities:
After my study i've been in Zimbabwe (Africa) as a helper for a Non-Governmental Aid Organisation for 6 months. I installed Solarsystems to waterpumps and lights for clinics in the rural areas. I just returned yesterday. In Zimbabwe i had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with the U.S. Marine Embassy Security Guards in Harare.

Why USMC?
I have the need to serve in the military for years although i first wanted to study and then make my way in the military. So i started studying physiotherapy in the netherlands. But had to abort and went bake home. I wanted to join the german "Bundeswehr" as a paratrooper but when they first wanted me to join i rejected because i was about to start at the university, at the time i wanted to join them they had no interest anymore (the german army is trying to reduce personal as much as possible, because they're reconstructing the hole system of military structure). After that i wanted to find out what i wanted to do with my life therefor i had to get my head cleared and some time away from home and a to well known envoirement.
So i went to Zimbabwe (africa) for half year and worked as a "pluming-electrician-solar technician" for a aid organisation. While i was there, i met the U.S.Marines Embassy Security Guards with whom i spent a lot of time. I realized that i still have a enormous interest in the military and in my own military career. So i talked to them about it and they told me about the marines and my oportunities, iraq, afghanistan, boot camp, career and so on. I started training with them and they helped me out with stuff i might need for a succesful entry in the Corps. I'm highly motivated and i guess well prepared.

Now to give you the proper answer to why i specifically want to join the Marines: I want to join a military force. Not for sitting behind a desk. I'm getting trained to be a proffessional warrior. Therefore i want to work/fight exclusively with the best! I know in a modern mind this may sound insane or even absurd for a foreigner to risk his health for a country and its values which are different from his homeland. But i think of it as a modern global world and as a unit of the western civilized world (in terms of definition) which is in a "divergency" with the southeastern world.
Therefore i dont think as a german citizen whos government has a different opinion on many points of warfare and when to engage in a global thread(which might be because of certain historical events such as "the third reich" and also the "GermanDemocraticReplublic") but i have the need to fight for the right of the western world to coexsist to the specific southeast fanatics who rather "kill all infidels" for they're believe in religion.

Whoever is out there and feels like he knows someone who could help me or knows different ways to join the USMC without waiting 2 years to get a green card (2 years if i fulfill all requirements)
is more then welcome to write me an email or answer here!

Thank you so much for any help and thx to this platform for letting me ask for help!

with kind regards & herzlichsten Dank und Grüßen

Karl

mooniz

1. Go to the U.S.Embassy (Frankfurt/Berlin) and apply for a Green Card (Takes about 2 years)
2. Get a Green Card through the lottery (next lottery 2012)
3. Get into the procedure of applying for a Green Card and get the "I-551" stamp in my passport (i've been told that the stamp is enough to get recruited)
4. Fly to the States and talk to the recruiters at the airport
(If there are anymore options then i would like to know about them. I don't want to waste anytime.)

Whoever is out there and feels like he knows someone who could help me or knows different ways to join the USMC without waiting 2 years to get a green card (2 years if i fulfill all requirements)
is more then welcome to write me an email or answer here!
hallo erstmal,
bist du deutscher und hast verwandte in den usa? wenn nicht, wie kommst du darauf, daß man einfach so eine green card bei der botschaft beantragen könnte? wer hat dir das erzählt?
das wäre ja toll, wenn's so einfach ginge! ;)
von den möglichkeiten, die du aufzählst bleibt nur die lottery und da weiß man ja auch nicht wann oder ob man gewinnt.

bist du deutscher und hast verwandte in den usa?..

Ja ich bin deutscher und habe verwandte 2.Grades in den Staaten (soweit ich weiß sind die aber ohne Belang für die Green Card. Dennoch hilfreiche Kontakte)

..wie kommst du darauf, daß man einfach so eine green card bei der botschaft beantragen könnte? wer hat dir das erzählt?

Verschiedene Quellen haben mir den Eindruck vermittelt ich kann mich bei der Botschaft unter bestimmten Vorraussetzungen um eine GreenCard (I-551 Genehmigung) bemühen.

Ein Rekrutierer in NY mit dem ich heute sprach sagte mir dass das Corps unterumständen (bei ausserordentlichem Interesse) mit der bewilligung eines Arbeits-Visum behilflig sein könnte, wobei mir die Botschaft in Frankfurt hingegen sagte "Völliger Blödsinn! Die U.S. Armed Forces haben überhaupt keinen Einfluss auf irgendeine Art von Genehmigung und werden auch nicht als Arbeitgeber für ein Arbeits-Visum genehmigt" Also wieder das Spiel das seit einigen Monaten mit mir gespielt wird:

Eine Unmenge an Informationen sind zu finden von denen keine Quelle der Vorangegangenen mehr wiedersprechen könnte!

Ich habe dies auch schon im englischen beschrieben:

After searching for more informations over the internet i found different answers and it seems that there are the official pages witch tell me:

- I can not join unless i'm an american citizen or have a permanent residentship (Green Card)
- The Marine Corps can not recruit me and help me with a residentship then.
- Getting a Green Card over the embassies here in Germany, takes me about 2 years if i fulfill all the nesessary requirements

and the unofficial contacs (such as: Marines, other U.S. Armed Forces Personal, and friends who travel to the staates a lot) telling me:

- I can join without a residentship or even a visa.
( I quote a Marine: "Do it like the mexicans, who run over the boarder and do 2 years of duty and are allowed to stay)
- At bigger airports all over the country, recruiters are based close to airports and recruit arriving travelers.
- The Corps do recruit foreigners/aliens and while they are doing their duty the Corps gets them their Green Card.

My problem now is, of course i would like to believe the active Marines and other inofficial contacts, but i need somekind of proof or infos from a marine recruiter. It's really hard for a german to contact recruiters over the official recruiting pages (such as: www.marines.com) beacuse to send messages i need an american address (zip code and other details).

For Example:
I've got contacts in the european based USMC headquarters in Böblingen (MARFOREUR). Which gave me a number to an NY based recruiter who told me that the best chance i've got is to fly to a recruiter in the staates do my ASVAB test and pray for an extremly good result. So that the Corps has a big interest and will provide me with a working Visa. After double checking this information with the german consulat it turns out to be (sry to say but) "Bullshit" in terms of the official U.S.Visa council in Germany.

So I'm a bit annoyed of the mass of information which doesn't help at all, unless your searching for a time-wasting hobby.

Somuch from my Side
So viel von meiner Seite
mfG Karl

mooniz

bei 'mein neues leben' auf kabel1 war mal einer der in die army wollte. ich glaube er hatte nur eine green card und konnte bei der army anfangen wenn er wollte.
ich glaube auch, daß das was sie dir da alles erzählt haben 'bullshit' ist. allerdings das mit den mexicans könnte schon klappen, aber ich würde natürlich davon abraten,
weil wenn sie dich vorher erwischen, war's das mit den usa. dann wirst du lebenslang gesperrt.
wie gesagt, als einziges bleibt die lottery oder eine heirat, wenn schneller gehen soll. ;)

Ezri

Adminchen
Administrator
Der aus der Auswanderersendung hatte auch gehofft, daß sein deutscher Dienstgrad anerkannt werden würde. Wurde aber nicht. Ich glaube er hatte dann davon abgesehen.

Edit: Hallo Karl, in diesem Bereich des Forums wird sich in deutscher Sprache verständigt. Möchtest Du rein auf englisch kommunizieren, so kannst Du das im englischsprachigen Bereich des Forums. Mehr Antwortvielfalt wirst Du allerdings eher im deutschsprachigen Teil erhalten.

Frogsta

Ja ich bin deutscher und habe verwandte 2.Grades in den Staaten (soweit ich weiß sind die aber ohne Belang für die Green Card. Dennoch hilfreiche Kontakte)

Hilft Dir leider nix

Verschiedene Quellen haben mir den Eindruck vermittelt ich kann mich bei der Botschaft unter bestimmten Vorraussetzungen um eine GreenCard (I-551 Genehmigung) bemühen.

Ja, das stimmt, das ist unter umstaenden moeglich.
Einige Iraker sind in den letzten Jahren in den Genuss gekommen - und ich moechte NICHT wissen fuer welchen Preis!
Ich koennte mir vorstellen das man dafuer Vater und Mutter..........

ALSO,
Greencard Lottery
ODER
Fremdenlegion

[ Abgesehen davon, mit 2o hatte ich auch noch Flausen im Kopp ]

Edit: Hallo Karl, in diesem Bereich des Forums wird sich in deutscher Sprache verständigt. Möchtest Du rein auf englisch kommunizieren, so kannst Du das im englischsprachigen Bereich des Forums. Mehr Antwortvielfalt wirst Du allerdings eher im deutschsprachigen Teil erhalten.

Alles klar, werde mich in Zukunft daran halten. Hatte nur gehofft auf mehr resonanz zu stoßen durch die 2 sprachige Seite die hier geboten wird.

Haben die Streitkraefte wirklich solche Nachwuchssorgen, dass die Recruiter dermassen schamlos luegen muessen? :ohno
Na der Marine dessen Aussage dies war, kam aus San Diego und hatte sich gewundert warum ich mir das so schwer mache. Ich habe seine Aussage mehr als Witz gewertet als eine ernst zunehmende Wertung oder Empfehlung. Er ist jedoch kein Rekrutierer.
Die Rekrutierer machen schon gewissenhaftere Aussagen wobei mir jetzt schon öfters einer geantwortet hat der mit mir und meinem Wunsch völlig überfordert war, da sich sowas anscheinend nich sehr oft ereignet dass Europäer freiwillig melden. Geschweige denn nur zu diesem Zweck einwandern wollen...:usa

ALSO,
Greencard Lottery
ODER
Fremdenlegion

Die Fremdenlegion bezahlt mir zu schlecht und außerdem weiger ich mich für die Franzosen zu kämpfen, zwar ist das eine hervorragende Truppe aber ich bin dann doch nicht so begeistert dass ich beitreten würde solange ich noch einen Funken Hoffnung in mir habe dass ich zu den Marines kann!

Dürfte ich dann mal nachfragen wie Ihr eure Genehmigungen bekommen habt, nur grob (Ich möchte hier Keinem zu Nahe treten). Per Lotterie oder gezielte Beantragung bei 'ner Botschaft?

Oben